Languages: Others

GrowBiz Programme

GrowbizENG

SME Corp. Malaysia is looking for dynamic and growth-driven micro enterprises for enrolment into the inaugural GrowBiz Programme.

 

What is GrowBiz?
GrowBiz is an initiative under the Micro Entrepreneur Business Development Programme (BizME) by SME Corp. Malaysia which specifically aims to upgrade the knowledge and skills of micro enterprises to facilitate their progression towards becoming small businesses. GrowBiz will be conducted by a qualified Implementation Partner appointed by SME Corp. Malaysia with vast experience on SME business transformation.

What does it aim?
GrowBiz employs a structured modular hand-holding approach which includes the elements of business coaching and training, business rating and certification, as well as business facilitation to guide micro enterprises to take their business endeavours to the next level towards transformation.

What to expect?
All GrowBiz participants are required to undergo a specialised and customised training module which includes:

  • Self Transformation
  • Entrepreneurial Journey
  • Business Compliance & Legislation
  • Operations Management
  • Resource Management & Finance
  • Technology Transformation & Digitalisation
  • Business Communication
  • Marketing & Branding
  • Customer Relationship Management
  • Business Models & Systems

Who are the targets?
GrowBiz is open to micro enterprises with positive outlook and ready to transform to new norm that wish to grow their businesses to the next level. A pool of 50 micro enterprises will be selected to participate including women-owned and youth-owned micro enterprises.

How is it conducted?

  • GrowBiz offers intensive training to eligible participating micro enterprises.
  • Training and coaching sessions for participating micro enterprises will be conducted hands-on by the Implementation Partner.   
  • Participating micro enterprises will be monitored for assessment by the Implementation Partner for a period of 12 months from the commencement of the training session. 
  • Implementation Partner will arrange for participating micro enterprises to undergo the M-CORE/SCORE rating by SME Corp. Malaysia before and after the completion of the training module to monitor their progress.
  • Implementation Partner will ensure that participating micro enterprises acquire the SME Status certification by SME Corp. Malaysia over the programme period.

 

Is there a fee?
SME Corp. Malaysia will fund 90% of the participation fee for all GrowBiz participants. Participating micro enterprises shall only need to pay the remaining 10% as a commitment fee along with a charge of RM600.00 for SME Status registration and M-CORE/SCORE rating. 

 

Who are eligible?

  • GrowBiz is open to all micro enterprises with the participation of the owner of the business or majority shareholder.
  • Micro enterprises registered under the Companies Act 1965 or 2016/ Business Registration (1956) / Limited Liability Partnership Act 2012 / Business, Profession & Licensing Trade Ordinance (ONLY for Sabah and Sarawak) / registered with any professional body that is recognised by law.
  • Company is owned by Malaysian citizen by at least 60% equity.
  • Operate from valid business premises and approved business license from Local Authority.
  • Company must submit latest Audited Financial Statement / Management Account for at least one (1) year.
  • Priority will be given to companies that achieve Level 3 in the M-CORE assessment.
  • An interview session will be conducted for the selection of participants.
  • SME Corp. Malaysia reserves the rights for the final selection of participants. Only successful applicants shall be notified.

 

Who to contact?
If you are interested to enroll into the GrowBiz Programme, kindly submit your application to the following:
 
Policy Monitoring and Inclusive Development Division
SME Corp. Malaysia
Level 6, Block C, Platinum Sentral
Jalan Stesen Sentral 2, Kuala Lumpur Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur

 

Download GrowBiz Programme Brochure [PDF] 


Attention:
GrowBiz Programme Secretariat
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (1300-30-6000)

 

When is the deadline?
4 August 2021

 

 

CONTACT US

SME Corporation Malaysia
Level 6, SME 1, Block B 
Platinum Sentral
Jalan Stesen Sentral 2
Kuala Lumpur Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur

Info Line: 1300-30-6000
Fax Line: 03-2775 6001
Email: info[at]smecorp[dot]gov[dot]my

Feedback Form

 

AGENCY LINKS

  med  
Tekun2 SKM1
output onlinepngtools Logo UDA 2020 SME Bank edit
logo bankrakyat PNS LOGO White S

 

 

 

 

ABOUT
POLICIES

SME in Malaysia

SME Perfomance & Outlook

National Entrepreneurship Policy 2030 (DKN2030)

SME Policies

PROGRAMMES
INITIATIVES
GUIDES

Business Guides

Success Stories

Business Directory

Business Ethics

RESOURCES
CONTACT US